Over at the Gigaom Blog the people from AKF Consulting have published a list of the 10 biggest platform development mistakes. It is a good short read. I am listing the headings of the 10 mistakes below.
- Failing to design for rollback.
- Confusing product release with product success.
- Assuming a new Product Development Lifecycle (PDLC) will fix issues with missing delivery dates.
- Allowing history to repeat itself.
- Scaling through third parties.
- Relying on QA to find your mistakes.
- Relying on “revolutionary” or “big bang” fixes.
- Not taking into account the multiplicative effect of failure.
- Failing to create and incent a culture of excellence.
- Not having a business continuity/disaster recovery plan.
Reading trough the list I am sure we all know one or two of the mistakes…